Opinion

Disable Caching in Safari

I tried disabling caching in Safari (because my Internet connection works faster than getting stuff out of the cache on my computer) but to no avail. I tried using Safari Enhancer to disable caching but the it used to automatically turn back on after a while. However, I was recently reading a macosxhints.com hint on disabling Dashboard caching to speed things up and it simply involved locking the DashboardClient cache folder. So, I said to myself, "Why can't this work for Safari too?"

Apparently, it can. All you need to do is go to the Library > Caches folder in your home folder. Go inside the Safari sub-folder and trash everything. Then do a Get Info on the Safari folder and check the "Locked" checkbox. You're done. Safari should no longer be able to store any cache files.

 

Comments (0) Posted on at  

News