Opinion

Leopard "Preview" Video - New Help Menu



Leopard's new Help menu is pretty cool. I chose to demonstrate a venerable Carbon app instead of Safari or Finder just to show that this feature requires no work from the developer's side but is something that Leopard handles automatically.

Download High Resolution Version (3.7MB) 

Comments (6) Posted on at  

  • » Wow, that was just awesome! I think people are going to use the help menus a lot more now.
  • » kool feature
  • » It's cool. But it's also like digging a grave, as a similar cool-looking Help System actually existed in the venerable Classic Mac OS 9.
  • » skaran: Wait, what? I remember no feature built-in to Mac OS 9 that showed you where menu items were if you searched for them -- and I mean by actually pulling down the menu items and showing you them. And I don't even remember any help menu that had a search box right in the menu, and dynamically created menu items to jump you to the right help page: it was all just a static menu with predefined links to various pages.
  • » I was referring to the Mac OS 9 Help Demos in which the computer used to show you stuff by drawing a red circle around it... quaint, but cute.
  • » Its a great idea but the pink piece of shit hovering around next to the menu is just horrible. Would it not be nicer it the highlighted item flashed or something. I can't believe apple are going to release it like this :).

    If they do I'd have to be a little disappointed.

    Mark.

News