Opinion

Hungry Kya?

I suppose you wanted to have another pizza tonight Karan.

Delhi, like other 'big' cities is full of pizza outlets, without which life would have been very dissapointing, for me atleast. Getting a pizza delivered to your doorstep and biting into it is heavenly, as most would agree. But a lot depends on the brand. The 'heavenly' can very much become 'helly' (if such a word exists, which I'm quite sure doesn't) if the pizza turns out to be bad.

Pizza Hut tops the list for most, and it does make great pizzas, although it hasn't got a big menu and it is the most expensive one I suppose. Don't think anything more needs to be told. Stores can be located on their website, which does have a pretty good locator, although it isn't update regularly for it doesn't feature the Pizza Hut on Janpath, the venue for this year's Exun Farewell. Darn, I had hoped that it would give me the location. Now I'll have to go hunting all over Janpath.

Next up is the Hunger Helpline 1600-111-123, yes I'm talking about Domino's . I particularly used to dislike this brand until Souvik Dada convinced me to give it one more try (as I had eaten their pizza's earlier) when we were in Chennai and my views changed. The pizza was delicious, and as soon as I was back in Delhi, I ordered for Domino's. This does mean that its good, but also shows that a lot depends on the Pizza you choose from their menu, as my tastebuds hadn't undergone some huge change from the last time I had Domino's to the time I was in Chennai. They do not have a dedicated Indian website although outlets can be located from their international website. I have to mention their speed of delivery, as when I was in Goa two years back, we ordered pizzas to be delivered home (my friend's place in Goa) and went there ourselves with a 5 minute stop outside the restaurant and to our surprise, the Pizza was there before us.

Raffaele's Slice of Italy, the latest I've had pizza from, is pretty good. It has a huge menu, cheap prices and the best part is it tastes good, although the cheese which I had asked for wasn't very good so better check that before you order one from here. I'm a vegetarian so obviously had a veg pizza but my non-vegetarian friends seemed to just love it, the Chicken Heavyweight in particular, and they claim it to be better than Pizza Hut. There are two outlets that I know of, one in ShahPur Jat (26497970/51750626), and another in Vasant Vihar.

Nirula's - chalta hai, not bad. Can be located here.

Smokin Joe's, now renamed, was the worst I've ever had. I don't have any contact details about them either as I didn't care to keep them with me any more.

On a scale of 5, based purely on taste, there following are my ratings (I'm a vegetarian):
  • Pizza Hut
  • Domino's
  • Raffaele's Slice of Italy
  • Nirula's
  • Smokin Joe's
The following are the ratings of two of my non-vegetarian friends, whom I stay with:
  • Raffaele's Slice of Italy
  • Pizza Hut
  • Domino's
  • Nirula's
  • Smokin Joe's
So, where are you calling up the next time?
-Rungta 

Comments (4) Posted on at  

  • » Ah, you see... that was the problem we were having that day finding Raffaele's, because it's called Slice of Italy by default. No one knows it as Raffaele's. Anyway, this entry is extremely important and it will be added to the sidebar, because in times of need, Pizza numbers are very important to have at hand.
  • » Right, and I realised it was called Slice of Italy that night when I ordered for the pizza. Had Pizza for lunch and dinner.
  • » Lucky dog!
  • » You missed Pizza Corner!! I must tell u people that it is one of the bad ones!!

News